Welcome to Saint Francis
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center has been an anchor institution in North Central Connecticut from the day of our founding in 1897. We're one of the largest hospitals in Connecticut, and the largest Catholic hospital in New England.
In 1990, Saint Francis affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital in America's first recorded collaboration between a Catholic hospital and a Jewish hospital. Our corporate merger was completed in 1995, making Mount Sinai an outstanding and integral part of Saint Francis.
Saint Francis serves Southern New England with renowned centers of excellence in cardiology, oncology, women’s health services, orthopedics, rehabilitation, and more. Here are just a few:
- The Hoffman Heart and Vascular Institute of Connecticut, the first comprehensive heart institute in Southern New England, providing award-winning, life-saving cardiovascular treatment
- The Saint Francis/Mount Sinai Regional Cancer Center, providing state-of-the-art treatment and leading-edge facilities, as well supporting outstanding programs of cancer research
- Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital, restoring lives with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical rehabilitation services
- The Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute, bringing new economic models, refined craftsmanship, and leading-edge orthopedic surgical technologies to the surgical replacement of knees, hips, and shoulders
- Women’s Health Services, including the Comprehensive Women's Health Center, a fourfold facility that provides services in breast health, heart health, gynecology, and integrative medicine, New Beginnings Family Birth Care Center, the Hoffman Breast Health Center, the Women's Heart Program, maternal-fetal medicine, gynecologic oncology, and nurse midwives
Saint Francis also includes the excellent services of these outstanding healthcare providers:
- The Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Care, which includes Connecticut’s oldest comprehensive outpatient diabetes education program
- Bariatric Center, accredited as a center of excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the Surgical Review Corporation, offering surgical treatment for obesity and related diseases
- Joyce D. and Andrew J. Mandell Center for Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis Care and Neuroscience Research, delivering comprehensive excellence in multiple sclerosis care, as well as world-class MS research
- Stroke Center, providing rapid diagnosis, response, and treatment of stroke through clinically advanced, leading-edge technology
- Center for Advanced Wound Healing, where patients with long-standing wound problems find assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and the restoration of function
- The Hartford Regional Lead Treatment Center, the only lead poisoning treatment center for children in the Greater Hartford area, which serves all hospitals in Hartford
- The Greater Hartford Children's Advocacy Center, which provides assessment, diagnostic, and treatment services to children who are victims of sexual abuse
- Masonicare Partners, a source for excellence in home healthcare and hospice services
Saint Francis providers also include many community-based and ambulatory services throughout Connecticut.
As a major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Connecticut Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine, Saint Francis participates in integrated residency and fellowship training programs in internal medicine, surgery and cardiology. We also offer free-standing residency programs in obstetrics/gynecology and general dentistry, and a fellowship in colorectal surgery.